The Scripps Ranch Civic Association (SRCA) joined Live Well San Diego as a recognized partner on May 8th, 2018. The SRCA mission, through volunteerism, is to advocate for Scripps Ranch, to preserve, promote and enhance the unique quality of life in the community. Their goals include:
· Enhancing the safety and quality of life for residents
· Building partnerships with residents, community groups, schools, and businesses
· Fostering opportunities to socialize and have fun.
· Promoting and recognizing volunteerism.
As a 501(c)(4) organization, the SRCA represents the 12,000 households located within the 92131 zip code. The SRCA helps connect people, resources and funding to benefit the Scripps Ranch community. The SRCA Board is composed of District Representatives, elected to represent their neighborhoods in Scripps Ranch, who act as the community “legislature” approving the SRCA budget, activities and other actions of the SRCA. SRCA Standing Committees include:
· SRCA 50 Plus which promotes aging successfully in Scripps Ranch through education and other programs, advocacy, and strategic partnerships with other organizations.
· Sustainable Scripps Ranch to create more sustainable lifestyles and community through education, advocacy, and application of sustainable practices such as energy, water, and environmental conservation.
· SRCA Neighborhood Watch which brings citizens and law enforcement together to deter crime and make our community safer.
The SRCA Newsletter brings community news monthly, free of charge, to over 11,000 homes in Scripps Ranch. The SRCA also sponsors many community/social events.
As a Live Well San Diego Partner, the SRCA hopes to:
· Interact with other Live Well San Diego Partners in order to hear about their lessons learned and best practices regarding bringing sustainable changes to communities, and
· Share our experiences and practices as a long-established and active Civic Association in San Diego, with goals overlapping those of Live Well San Diego.