Live Well San DiegoHome Menu
Header Search Box - Custom Content
Submit BP @Home Results
LYH Community Events
Learn About High Blood Pressure
American Heart Association
Love Your Heart
- 2022 Love Your Heart Report
- 2021 Love Your Heart Report
- 2020 Love Your Heart Report
- 2019 Love Your Heart Report
- 2019 Data Presentation
- 2018 Love Your Heart Report
- 2018 Data Presentation
- 2017 Love Your Heart Report
- 2017 Data Presentation
- 2016 Love Your Heart Report
- 2016 Data Presentation
- 2015 Love Your Heart Report
- 2015 Data Presentation
ABOUT LOVE YOUR HEART
Love Your Heart is an annual event in which organizations from across the U.S. and Mexico join together to provide FREE blood pressure screenings to the public on or near Valentine's Day. The event brings together community partners to prevent heart disease and stroke and empowers the public to take control of their heart health, know their blood pressure numbers, and know what they mean.
The 2022 event had over 46,400 participants screened online and in-person at 287 sites across the U.S. and Mexico, with over 6,000 blood pressure cuffs distributed across San Diego County.
How to Participate
The best way to know if you have high blood pressure is to have it checked, as there are often no warning signs or symptoms to tell you something is wrong.
1. Check Your Blood PressureFind free blood pressure screening sites during Love Your Heart Week of Action February 11-19, 2023 using our interactive site map. Or, get your blood pressure checked by making an appointment with your primary care physician or by checking it with a home blood pressure cuff.
2. Submit Your ResultsSubmit your blood pressure results during Love Your Heart Week of Action or anytime of year. Submission forms in English and Español.
3. Learn What They Mean
Learn about your blood pressure results and what you can do to improve them in our Love Your Heart @ Home Education section. Our goal is to help prevent heart disease and stroke and help YOU take control of your heart health.
Remember to follow-up with your doctor! Make an appointment with your doctor to get your blood pressure re-checked. While you're there, have your home blood pressure cuff calibrated by a nurse to ensure your readings are correct.
COVID-19 and Hypertension
In 2021, high blood pressure was the most common underlying condition identified in San Diego County’s COVID-19-related deaths. Learn more about High Blood Pressure and COVID-19 in English and Español.
Heart Attack vs. Cardiac Arrest?
People often use these terms interchangeably, but they're not the same. A heart attack is when blood flow to the heart is blocked. Sudden cardiac arrest is when the heart malfunctions and suddenly stops beating.
2023 Community Events
2023 LYH South Community Fair Flyer-English
2023 LYH South Community Fair Flyer-Spanish
2023 LYH North Community Fair Flyer-English
2023 LYH North Community Fair Flyer-Spanish