Are you looking for a way to help your community live well? Volunteer your time and talents to help all San Diegans be healthy, safe and thriving.
San Diego County Region
- American Heart Association - Advocate, teach, walk, host, and learn!
- American Lung Association, Lung Force Walk - Sunday, January 26 - Volunteers to help with set up, tear down, and general event logistics
- American Red Cross - San Diego/Imperial Valley - Daily, weekly, monthly volunteer opportunities for adults and teens
- Braille Institute - Range from short-term to long-term assignments in education, communications, technology, research and administrative work.
- City of San Diego - Volunteer opportunities with the City of San Diego departments
- County of San Diego - Discover volunteer opportunities in your area of interest with the County of San Diego
- Del Mar Community Connections - Drivers, bus hosts, community outreach, administrative work, teach a class or join a committee.
- ElderHelp of San Diego - Individual opportunities to become volunteer drivers, pantry deliverers, grocery shoppers, friendly visitors, home safety volunteers, and more.
- Escondido Education Compact - Volunteer or internship opportunities available.
- Episcopal Community Services - Administrative support help for ECS offices, contact Deann at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-228-2840 to learn more.
- Father Joe's Villages - Volunteers will assist in different programs catering to a variety of interests and skills.
- Feeding San Diego - Individual and group volunteer opportunities in food distribution, produce sorting and packing, and more.
- George G. Glenner Alzheimer's Family Centers - Offering opportunities to volunteer in residential care communities and skilled nursing facilities throughout San Diego.
- HandsOn San Diego - Volunteer project calendar; Team Leader training and placement
- I Love a Clean SD - Volunteer opportunities centering around community cleanup events.
- Jewish Family Service -Volunteer to deliver meals, keep older adults company, or help refugees feel more at home.
- Junior Achievement of San Diego County - Opportunities to volunteer in schools, teaching lessons about business to kids.
- Path - Group and individual volunteer opportunities to help those experiencing homelessness.
- Produce Good - Volunteers work to alleviate hunger and waste for San Diegans.
- Project New Village - On the third Saturday of the month join Project New Village from 9-11am for their Community Work Day at Mt Hope Community Garden.
- Retired & Senior Volunteer Program - Volunteer opportunities for older adults
- San Diego Blood Bank - Volunteer to be a greeter, donor center host, or other special projects.
- San Diego Food Bank - Volunteer for various projects to help San Diegans facing food insecurity.
- San Diego Oasis - Intergenerational tutoring or center volunteers, instructors, or ambassadors
- San Diego Padres Volunteer Team
- San Diego River Park Foundation - Garden, restoration, clean-ups, water quality monitoring, and more!
- San Dieguito River Park - Trail maintenance, restoration, trail patrols, and more!
- United Way of San Diego County - Education, income, homelessness, health, and internal United Way volunteer opportunity database.
- Uplift - Work with students as a tutor or mentor or be a homeless advocate.
- Voices for Children - Court Appointed Special Advocates make a commitment to advocate for the needs of the child or sibling group with whom they are matched.
- Words Alive - Volunteer to read for children, lead workshops, and sort and deliver books.
National Databases that Can Be Searched for Local Opportunities
- AllforGood.org - Volunteer database
- BoardnetUSA - Nonprofit board database
- Catchafire - Skill-based volunteer database
- Corporation for National and Community Service - Volunteer database
- Create the good/AARP - Volunteer database
- Idealist.org - Volunteer and intern database
- Taproot+.org - Skill-based volunteer database
- Volunteer.gov - Public service and volunteer database
- VolunteerMatch - Volunteer database
Professional Development and Capacity Building
San Diego Region
- AmeriCorps Volunteer Infrastructure Program (VIP) - One-year service from an AmeriCorps member to support volunteer engagement capacity building; hosted by Jewish Family Services
- Nonprofit Management Solutions - Learning Circles for volunteer administrators
- Right Hand Events - For-profit that manages group volunteer projects for corporate clients
- USD Nonprofit Institute - Nonprofit Governance Symposium, City of San Diego Nonprofit Academy, Lean Six Sigma for Social Impact, Nonprofit Governance and Community Leadership Programs, San Diego Regional Climate Collaborative, and Leaders for Outdoor Equity.
- Volunteer Administrators Network (VAN) - Monthly roundtable discussions and networking