- Recruitment for the 2024-2025 Youth Leadership Team is now open. Interviews will take place in early January. Apply now!
- Want help with your application? Check out our resume resources below, including our Application Workshop recording, and let us know if you have any questions at LiveWellYouth@sdcounty.ca.gov!
Live Well Career Prep Series
The Live Well Career Prep Series is a series of events geared towards increasing awareness and accessibility towards County of San Diego careers. Join us at one of our Live Well Career Prep events!
- Missed the first one? Watch the Community Engagement at the County recording.
- Interested in the next event? More events coming soon in early 2024.
The County of San Diego supports menstrual equity and is proud to provide free, organic menstrual products (tampons and pads) in County facilities, through the Free4ME program. Find out more about menstrual equity, and find a location near you.
About the Youth Sector
Join us in shaping our community through meaningful conversations.
The Youth Sector wants to hear from you! Participate in discussions, share resources, and collaborate with one another in empowering and amplifying the voices of youth and young adults.
Welcome to the Live Well San Diego Youth Sector. The sector offers opportunities for youth and young adults to collaborate with one another, empower youth voice in all sectors, and work together to promote healthy, safe, and thriving communities. We invite you to explore the information on this webpage, and look forward to connecting! - Sharon Hughes and Nicole Villa, Youth Sector Co-Leads
The Live Well San Diego Youth Sector was added to the Live Well San Diego vision to Empower, Engage, and Amplify Youth Voice.
The Youth Sector framework was developed over the summer of 2020 and incorporates input from over 150 youth and youth-serving professionals. The sector was officially added to the Live Well San Diego vision when the San Diego County Board of Supervisors approved the framework in October 2020.
Learn more about the Youth Sector.
What we do
The Youth Sector employs and engages youth, ages 16-24, throughout the region by:
- Providing opportunities for trainings and professional development
- Highlighting topics relevant to youth throughout the region
- Cultivating young leaders and the future of the County workforce
- Informing the development of youth-serving programs
Youth Leadership Programs
The Youth Leadership Team is comprised of two Youth Sector Coordinators and 15 Youth Leaders who serve a one-year term to empower and amplify youth voice in the County of San Diego. Youth Leaders participate in four program components, including professional development, summer internships, boards and commissions, and town halls.